Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Creep On Over Halloween Card

Here is the last Halloween card I designed this year.  I used a Martha Stewart Halloween border fence for the front of the card along with a Sizzix bat die.  The polka-dot paper was already distressed.

Check out the inside of the card -- the spider web with attached spiders spreads out when the card is open!  I used a new Sizzix spider web die that uses two brads to attach the web to each side of the inside of the card.  Black glitter cardstock was used for the spiders to give them a little bling  Verses are from a Stampin'Up! stamp set.  Looks much more difficult than it actually was!  Fun for the kids (and adults, too!)

Halloween Witches Legs

What a fun and rather easy card this was to make!  I used three different border punches for the bottoms of the skirts.  A Stamp-a-ma-jig helped me with the placement of the witches legs, starting with the middle set of legs to make sure they would all fit on the front of the card.  Stampin'Up! inks and blender pen were used to color the legs; the new Stampin'Up! verse was used on the top of the card -- love this calligraphy of this stamp!  I found the purple with tiny lime green star ribbon at the local Michaels -- I think this really makes the card "pop"!  A few rhinestones were then added to the buckles of the shoes.  This card was quick and easy (with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig, that is!)

Halloween Candles Card

I used lots of Tim Holtz products for this card, including his candle die cut, white crackle paint, and Halloween tissue tape.  A sanding sponge was used to distress the candle base that was cut from black/gray core-dination paper.  Gold smooch paint used for the flames with a line of orange marking pen for the flame.  A piece of black cotton web material purchased from Joann's was attached to the green/black bat background paper using a tape runner in a few areas and tapped down lightly.  The orange/black diamond glitter tape was purchased at Michaels and adds a bit of bright color to the card.  Another fun card to make!

Halloween Skull Card

This is my favorite Halloween card I designed this year!  Four different Sizzix dies were used for the following pieces:  skull, wings and crown, fence, scalloped oval and center.  All die cuts were also distressed using ranger inks to tone down the mood of the card.  The fence was die cut using core-dination paper and then distressed using a sanding sponge.  An old paperback book page was wadded up into a ball and then torn to fit the card base, leaving some of the green printed background show around the edges.  Rhinestones were added to the skull eyes and along the crown tips.  This one was so much fun to make!  Lots of cutting with the die cut machine, but I love the way this turned out!!!

Halloween Word Card

Stampin'Up! stamp set, inks, blender pen, and embossing folders are the basis for this card I designed.  I love using the blender pens with the inks -- gives a nice, muted look to the colored areas.  The embossed background papers give a little texture to the card.  I also used two different Martha Stewart Halloween border punches:  spider web (top black border) and the spiders (bottom black border).  Like the way this turned out -- lots of fun and easy!

Halloween Cat card

I used a printed paper as the background for the stamped image.  StazOn black ink was used on the cat/lamp post stamp I purchased at Archivers.  I then used the masking technique to create the moon and light from the lamp.  Ranger distressed ink give this a great, foggy look.  I sprayed the front of the inked image using pearlized smooch spritz to give the card a little glimmer.  Fun and easy!

Halloween Frog Pop-Up card

A fun Halloween card using Inky Antics stamp set and honey-pop paper for the inside cauldron.  I used Stampin'Up! cardstock, inks, blender pen and embossing folder; ribbon from Michaels coordinates really well with the cardstock.  This card took quite a bit of time to make, with all the coloring, but was well worth it!  Reminds me of the cards I received when I was a kid, with the pop up centers.

Halloween Forest Card

Here is a Halloween card I created using Stampin' Up! designer paper and stamp.  Ranger distressing ink was used to create the background colors of the stamped image.  The image was first stamped using versamark ink and then embossed using black zing embossing powder.  A few rhinestones at the bottom of the card and some purple ribbon with black feathered edges give the card a little "bling".  A great way to use up some scraps of paper, too!