Saturday, April 16, 2011
I found this design on SCS and thought it was perfect for springtime. The stamp set is from Stampin Up as is the tulip embossing folder used for the blue cardstock edges. The buttons are from the Stampin Up embosslit die -- they look so real and are so easy to make! The difficult part was running the linen thread thru the paper buttons and aligning them so they would fit nicely around the card, leaving enough length between them. I added a bow made from taffeta ribbon and attached one small button to the center of the bow. A tiny tag was punched after the word Easter was stamped on the paper. This was then attached to the end of the linen thread with a glue dot holding it in place. I like the way the Sahara Sand ink and paper worked together with the Marina Mist cardstock. Let me know what you think!
I found this new embossing folder by Sizzix and ran it thru the Coredination brown/pink cardstock. I sanded the embossed edges using a Stampin Up sanding block. I cut out the center of the embossed oval. I stamped the Stampin Up Easter verse and silhouette on a piece of pink cardstock then ran it thru the Big Shot using the Stampin Up texture plate. I like the little bit of dimension the texture brings to the background of the card. I tied a small length of crochet trim around the right side of the brown cardstock prior to attaching the pink background to the brown front. I added a silk rose to the top of the crochet trim using a glue dot. If you look closely, you will be able to see the three tiny blush-color pearls added to the center of the swirl design on the card front -- just a little bling to make this card a bit more feminine! Let me know what you think!
I used the new bridal blush cardstock from Stampin Up for the top half of the card and coordinating tiny floral print for the bottom of the card front. I ran the top cardstock thru the Stampin Up tulip edge embossing folder. I then ran the bottom floral paper thru the dotted embossing folder to give the card more texture and dimension. The hat paper was first run thru the texture embossing folder and then punched out using both circle and oval punches...the textured embossed paper resembles a straw hat once the pieces are assembled. I added a strip of ribbon and a silk rose to the front of the hat. The little bit of crochet trim across the card center adds a nice vintage look to the card. The verse was stamped on white cardstock and punch out using the Stampin Up designer label punch. The edges were highlighted by running along the corner of the stamp pad. The bonnet design was copied from a card I saw on SCS.
Let me know what you think!
I found this plaid paper and fell in love with it -- perfect colors for springtime! I rounded just the right-side corners of the brown mat and plain paper to give it a more designer look. The bunny was stamped on white cardstock using brown ink, colored in lightly with pencils, including highlighting the inside of the ears. The bunny design is then cut out with scissors and attached to a white piece of cardstock using a tape runner. This piece is then run thru the dotted embossing folder thru the Big Shot to give it a little texture.
I used the Stampin Up scalloped border punch for the bottom of the card and attached a ribbon with a fake bow onto of the border. Happy Easter is stamped in brown ink on white cardstock, trimmed by hand, and attached to the bottom right side of the front of the card. This card was fun to make and wasn't too time consuming.
I also used the Stampin Up tulip border embossing folder on the front of the card. I think this little bit of texture adds a lot to the card. Let me know your thoughts!
I used a new Sizzix embossing folder with "stitched" edges. I like the flower design! I used Sizzix lamb and bunny dies and colored them using pencils. I also used a new Easter Basket die --- the perfect size for this card front! I finished off the design with the pink gingham ribbon attached with a glue dot. Adds a little dainty touch! Let me know what you think!!!
The Stampin Up Tulip embossing folder is perfect for the borders around the card front!
You can't see from the pictures, but I cut a second set of ears for the inside bunny and attached them just in the middle of his head so they would pop up with a 3-D effect. I did the same with the one long ear on the front of the card and the tail. I also "fringed the edges of the tail with the point of the scissors. There are green rhinestones in the center of each daisy to give the card a little "bling".
I also used the Stampin Up ribbon border punch for the center strip on the card front. I then ran it thru the paper crimper to give it a bit more dimension and texture.
This was a fun card to make -- something different from what I normally design! Now to make a bunch more for the grandkids....maybe these bunnies will multiply overnight!!!