Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Bonnet Card


I used the new bridal blush cardstock from Stampin Up for the top half of the card and coordinating tiny floral print for the bottom of the card front.  I ran the top cardstock thru the Stampin Up tulip edge embossing folder.  I then ran the bottom floral paper thru the dotted embossing folder to give the card more texture and dimension.  The hat paper was first run thru the texture embossing folder and then punched out using both circle and oval punches...the textured embossed paper resembles a straw hat once the pieces are assembled.  I added a strip of ribbon and a silk rose to the front of the hat.  The little bit of  crochet trim across the card center adds a nice vintage look to the card.  The verse was stamped on white cardstock and punch out using the Stampin Up designer label punch.  The edges were highlighted by running along the corner of the stamp pad.  The bonnet design was copied from a card I saw on SCS.
Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment