Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Pop Up Card


I was so excited when I found the Inky Antics bunny/carrot stamp set with coordinating honeyPOP papers at a local scrapbook store recently...brought back so many memories of the cards I received as a youngster!  So I wanted to make the same type of cards for my grandkids and thought this would be the perfect set for Easter!  I also decided to teach this technique at one of my luncheon card workshops. 
The Stampin Up Tulip embossing folder is perfect for the borders around the card front! 
You can't see from the pictures, but I cut a second set of ears for the inside bunny and attached them just in the middle of his head so they would pop up with a 3-D effect.  I did the same with the one long ear on the front of the card and the tail.  I also "fringed the edges of the tail with the point of the scissors.  There are green rhinestones in the center of each daisy to give the card a little "bling".
I also used the Stampin Up ribbon border punch for the center strip on the card front.  I then ran it thru the paper crimper to give it a bit more dimension and texture. 
This was a fun card to make -- something different from what I normally design!  Now to make a bunch more for the grandkids....maybe these bunnies will multiply overnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment