Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Baby Girl Card

Steve and I welcomed grandchild #10, baby Zoey Rae's arrival Tuesday evening.  I used the Brenda Walton cardstock and her 3-dimensional stickers when designing this card.  I was at the local Archiver's earlier in the day and saw that tulle netting was in all the latest embellishments  -- not cheap, either!!!  So I went two stores down to Joann's and bought 1/2 yard of light pink tulle for only 35 cents (used my 50% off coupon!).   I attached the tulle under the Stampin Up top note mat I cut using my Big Shot.  I attached the mat using dimensional dots to give it more of a lift.  I also used Stampin Up's ribbon punch to add the two borders and the center strip on the mat.  I also added two pink rhinestones to the sides of the center ribbon strip to give it just a little more bling.  The Stampin Up bridal blush paper was the perfect color for the background mat.  I used the same papers for the inside of the card, punching a large scalloped oval for the background.  I stamped the verse on the printed cardstock and punched it out with the Stampin Up designer label punch.  I then punched out the coordinating paper two times with the designer label punch and layered it underneath the top label, barely showing around the edges.  Topped it off with two more pink rhinestones.

I think the tulle really added a lot to the  card.  Plan on going back to Joann's to get a couple more colors of tulle for Easter and Mother's Day cards.

Let me know your thoughts!

Anniversary Card

My sister and her husband celebrated their 36th wedding anniversary last week.  I saw a similar design using the Stampin Up Bliss set and thought it would be appropriate for this occasion.
I distressed the edges of the cardstocks, used dimensional dots to give the flowers, butterfly, and the word punch some lift.  I like the linen thread bow tied in the center of the ribbon -- a little added detail that took two seconds to do!

Let me know what you think!

Birthday Card for Mom

My mom turned 87 last week.  I designed this card for her -- since her middle name is "Rose", I thought this cardstock was appropriate!  I tore two different card stock designs from the Stampin Up vintage paper pack.  I then distressed the edges and attached them to the front of a vintage-paper cardstock.  I then cut out the rose designs from another sheet of cardstock, distressed the edges and attached to the center of the card front, using dimensional dots to give them a life.  I also added matching small pearls to the centers of the roses and highlighted the rose petals with my stardust glitter pen.  I found the gold plastic vintage fan in a package of buttons, so I removed the shank, put a scrap of lace trim underneath it, and attached it to the bottom of the card.  I think it balances the entire design of the card roses, papers, etc.  I stamped happy birthday and punched out, distressed edges and attached with dimensional dots. 

Let me know what you think!

St Patrick's Day Cards

I held St Patrick's Day card classes last week at work -- really had a lot of fun!

I designed three different cards, two used the same technique but different cardstock designs.  A total of nineteen cards were made during our lunch hour on two days!  Lots of fun as well as therapy during the middle of a work day!

I like the new embossing folder technique, where you put your punched shapes on top of your card stock mat before running it thru the embossing folder with your Big Shot -- used that technique on the 4 clover card.

I used a tiny green rhinestone to "dot" the lower case "i" in "Irish" to give each card a little "bling".  Also used my stardust glitter pen to outline the tine shamrocks on the verse just to highlight a little bit.

Let me know what you think!