Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Baby Girl Card

Steve and I welcomed grandchild #10, baby Zoey Rae's arrival Tuesday evening.  I used the Brenda Walton cardstock and her 3-dimensional stickers when designing this card.  I was at the local Archiver's earlier in the day and saw that tulle netting was in all the latest embellishments  -- not cheap, either!!!  So I went two stores down to Joann's and bought 1/2 yard of light pink tulle for only 35 cents (used my 50% off coupon!).   I attached the tulle under the Stampin Up top note mat I cut using my Big Shot.  I attached the mat using dimensional dots to give it more of a lift.  I also used Stampin Up's ribbon punch to add the two borders and the center strip on the mat.  I also added two pink rhinestones to the sides of the center ribbon strip to give it just a little more bling.  The Stampin Up bridal blush paper was the perfect color for the background mat.  I used the same papers for the inside of the card, punching a large scalloped oval for the background.  I stamped the verse on the printed cardstock and punched it out with the Stampin Up designer label punch.  I then punched out the coordinating paper two times with the designer label punch and layered it underneath the top label, barely showing around the edges.  Topped it off with two more pink rhinestones.

I think the tulle really added a lot to the  card.  Plan on going back to Joann's to get a couple more colors of tulle for Easter and Mother's Day cards.

Let me know your thoughts!

6 comments:

  1. That is so stinkin cute! I like the mesh underneath. It does add a little something. TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is such an awesome welcome card for a new baby girl. The tulle is a great touch behind the top note. Would never have thought of using it that way, but it really adds that feminine touch. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is quite the baby card!! Whoever receives this work of art BETTER appreciate it! :) tfs

    http://crystalscraftingandrambling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all congratulations on your 10th grandchild. You are so lucky. I have three and feel totally blessed. Great card to welcome the newest member of you family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you got the weight into the card design - as well as the tulle for the back of the Top Note

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new addition!! your card is beautiful!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete