Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Vintage Cards

Spent last night at my mom and dad's house, celebrating my mom's 86th birthday -- I am so blessed to have both parents to good health enjoying an active lifestyle.  Here's to many more birthdays!  
One of the cards I designed over the weekend was for my mom (see the birthday card below).  I have been loving the vintage techniques that I learned last month -- fun to look for trinkets, trims, and little embellishments to use on the card fronts.  I bought some upholstery fabric and some vintage-looking netting at the local fabric store (1/8 of a yard each -- the cutting counter ladies just love it when I show up with bolts in my cart and only need a small amount of each fabric!).  I ran both pieces of fabric thru my Big Shot cutting machine and made the flowers that are on the birthday card.  I gathered the center of the netting to give it a little "lift" off the bottom flower, added some pearls to the center, and voila! An antique-looking flower!  I also inked the edges of the trim to give it an aged look. 
The Happiness Always card below is for my sister and her husband's 35th anniversary.  I used some prima flowers and painted the edges with gold dabber paint.  I found a small metal lock in my stash of goodies and put it underneath the key that I stamped in gold and cut out with scissors.  Added little things, a few different color mats under the painted butterfly/floral image -- I like the way it turned out...the lock gives it a little bit "extra" pizazz.  I also put two crystals on the butterflies heads, but I don't think they are showing up in the picture very well.
The third card below is for a co-worker who has been home with back problems.  I painted/stamped the silver flower on top of a printed vintage-looking cardstock and added the distressed trim along the one edge.  I used the Big Shot to cut/emboss the butterflies by the flower.  I painted/stamped some butterflies and highlighted each with stickles glitter.  I then added a few buttons and the verse to complete the card.  
I also made a birthday card for my granddaughter Natalie, but didn't have time to take a picture of it before getting it in the mail -- happy 6th birthday Natalie!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment