Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Tim Holtz Birdcage Die Cut!!!

I was so excited to find Tim Holtz's new birdcage die cut at the local scrapbook store.  I saw it published on his website months ago and have been waiting patiently for the stores to get his newest goodies.  I bought some jump rings and crystals (from a bridal decoration -- took it apart, as the crystals were the perfect size for this project!  Gotta think outside the box, you know!)  I used chalk to color in the bird and wing die cuts so they would be more noticeable.  Core-dinations is the cardstock I used for the birdcage itself.  After it was die cut, I used sandpaper to tone down the shiny metal look and bring out the black center of the paper.  Love these papers -- so many possibities and colors, too!  I also distressed the birdcage with brown paint, to give it a more antique look.  I found the chain in the jewelry section of a craft store that had the rectangle-shape as the birdcage.  I think it is a perfect compliment to the card -- attached it using a jump ring.  I distressed some Prima flowers and put a crystal brad in the center for an added touch.  I found some scrapbook paper that looks like an old Sears catalog, so I used that for the background of the birdcage.  I still wasn't completely happy with it....so I found some vintage trim and attached it to the left side of the catalog paper....Now I was happy with it!  Just needed that little bit extra "something"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment