Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Old Lamp Post Christmas Card

Here is the favorite card I designed (so far!) for this Christmas season.  I used the new Tim Holtz old-fashioned lamp sizzix die, a retired Christmas Verse from Stampin'Up!, a few different glittered papers for the background, and then highlighted the entire lamp post with mica flakes to give it an old-fashioned look.
I ripped the right top corner of the background paper and distressed the edges using soft suede ink.  I then added a complimentary piece of cardstock in the area that was exposed...  The light from the lamp was cut from gold vellum, so it gives a soft glow to the look of the card.  The holly leaves were die cut from a printed green paper and then distressed.  The holly berries were die cut using red velvet paper -- really looks nice and elegant!
I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do!  Oh -- the teddy bear holding up the card is one of my own creations that I sold at local craft shows this fall -- isn't he just adorable???!!!

1 comment: