Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vintage Card Class

I took a Shabby Chic card class at Archivers earlier this month and absolutely fell in love with the look and the techniques learned!  We used paint instead of ink to get the "shabby" look.  We also distressed the edges of the papers, flowers, brads, etc. to give it the worn, vintage feeling.  Then we added some crystals, crackle paint, and shimmer paint to give each card some "wow" factor.

I played with some stamp collections I already had at home using these new techniques.  I love the way these cards turned out!  (They are more stunning in person, of course!)  I sent the brown poppy card to my nephew and his fiance to congratulate them on their engagement.  (congrats Brian & Mary Beth!!!)

Here are the cards I made using the Shabby Chic techniques:

No comments:

Post a Comment