Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chalkboard Technique Birthday Card

I made this birthday card for my friend at work.  Fun chalkboard technique using white craft ink for the bird design.  After the image was stamped with the craft ink, I used various colors of chalk and a sponge applicator to "tap" the various colors on top of the stamped image.  Gave it a nice, soft look.  I used the Stampin Up square lattice texture embossing folder for the orange background, the top note die for the yellow matted section, and lots of other colors for layering. I stamped the verse on white card stock and punched out using the small oval punch.  I layered that on top of pink card stock punched with the scalloped oval punch.  A black scalloped border was punched and layered with turquoise ribbon/bow.  The lilac card stock on the bottom of the card gives it the added statement.  Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment