Monday, August 30, 2010

Musical themed birthday card for Steve

I designed this card for Steve, who is the band director at Grant Park School District.  I used the Stampin' Up!  lattice texture embossing folder for the cherry cobbler background card stock.  I ran a sheet of soft suede card stock thru the Big Shot using the Cuttlebug musical notes embossing folder.  I then used the soft suede ink and rubbed across both embossed papers with a sponge to give it that "vintage" look.  I sprayed the front of the musical embossed paper with the new log cabin smooch spritz to give it a little gleam.  Stamped the birthday verse and punched out using the new Stampin Up label punch.  Distressed the edge of the punch out.  Punched four holes in the label and ran some hemp around the musical embossed paper.  Attached to the cherry cobbler card stock with stampin dimensionals to give it a lift off the paper.  I was really happy with the finished result!

No comments:

Post a Comment